Calling it the way I see it.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Out on a Fantasy Football Limb Volume 12

I'm going back on a limb again for Week 13 in the NFL. I will pick five players that I believe will score more points this week than a higher profile player. The scoring will be 6 points for rushing or receiving TD, 4 points for a passing TD, .1 points per yard for rushing or receiving and .05 points per passing yard. I went 3-2 in my picks last week to improve to 30-25. A deeper look into the numbers shows I'm 8-3 at QB, 11-11 at RB, and 11-11 at the WR/TE slot. I also implemented a Super Stretch pick, which I lost. I'll recap last week.

Last Week
Joey Harrington 22.85 beat Philip Rivers 6.55 as I predicted.
Brian Westbrook 23 destroyed Rudi Johnson 12.4 WHICH I GOT HORRIBY WRONG.
Marion Barber and Steven Jackson 20.6 & 25.2 combined forces to beat LT 27.4 as I predicted.
Lee Evans 5.8 beat Braylon Edwards 2.9 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Andre Johnson 15.8 beat Chad Johnson 12.9 as I predicted.
Super Stretch
Jamal Lewis 13 beat DeAngelo Williams 8.6 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Season Record: 30-25, 0-2

This Week's Picks

Aaron Brooks over David Carr
I'll take Brooks (434 yards, 2 TDs ) over Carr (2217, 10) in the Oakland - Houston showdown.


Laurence Maroney over Fred Taylor
I'll go with the rookie (798 total yards, 5 TDs) over the veteran (1092 total, 4 TDs) in these RBBC backs.


Wali Lundy over Willis McGahee
McGahee (777 total, 3 TDs) came back strong last week. This week San Diego will hold him in check. Lundy (577, 3 TDs) should have a strong game against Oakland.


Laveranues Coles over Chad Johnson
Coles (826, 4) is coming off a nice game. He gets to face GB. He should do well. I'll try my luck against Chad (1055, 7) despite his torrid pace. Baltimore should keep him in check.


Devery Henderson over Darrell Jackson
Devery (548, 4) is catching passes from the hottest QB in the business. He has to share touches with a bunch of guys, but his big play ability in remarkable. D-Jax (805, 9) is still working out the kinks with Hasselbeck and will be fed a steady diet of Champ Bailey.

SUPER STRETCH

Benard Berrian over Torry Holt
Berrian (599, 4) had a nice game against the Pats. The Vikes have been giving up yards like crazy through the air. Holt (795, 7) seems as likely to keep up his struggles as he is of breaking out of this slump.

Previous Out on a Limb Picks
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

What did you think of my predictions? Do you have any fantasy upsets in mind? Please leave your comments.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Devery will definitely catch a few long balls especially if Colston doesn't suit up for this one. They are playing San Fran.

6:18 AM

 
Blogger Lester's Legends said...

Colston may play, so it could be tough.

11:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States

Creator of lesterslegends.com