Calling it the way I see it.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Out on a Fantasy Football Limb Volume 10

I'm going back on a limb again for Week 11 in the NFL. I will pick five players that I believe will score more points this week than a higher profile player. The scoring will be 6 points for rushing or receiving TD, 4 points for a passing TD, .1 points per yard for rushing or receiving and .05 points per passing yard. I rebounded by going 3-2 in my picks last week to improve to 25-20. A deeper look into the numbers shows I'm 6-3 at QB, 10-8 at RB, and a mere 9-9 at the unpredictable WR/TE slot. I'll recap last week.

Last Week
Steve McNair 31.55 destroyed David Carr 13.15 as I predicted.
Thomas Jones 18.3 destroyed Ahman Green 5.5 as I predicted.
Tiki Barber beat Warrick Dunn 10.8 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Javon Walker 12.2 beat Roy Williams 8.1 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Chad Johnson 38 destroyed Marques Colston 16.9 as I predicted.
Season Record: 25-20
I was even better than my 3-2 record suggests this week. The ones I got right were blowouts. The ones that I got wrong were fairly close.

This Week's Picks


Big Ben over Eli Manning
Big Ben (2043 yards, 10 TDs) will keep it rolling against Cleveland. Eli (1972, 15) has come back to Earth. Playing on MNF in Jacksonville won't be easy.


Willie Parker over LaDainian Tomlinson
You can't complain this one is too easy. LT (1309 total yards, 18 TDs) has been on fire. Playing in Denver will slow the LT train a bit. I'm not saying he'll get shut down, but I think Fast Willie (1001 total yards, 10 TDs) will do a little more against Cleveland.


Julius Jones over Chester Taylor
JJ (820 total yards, 3 TDs) faces an Indy D that is bad against the run. Chester Taylor (1012 total yards, 3 TDs) faces a suddenly strong Miami D. JJ will prevail.


Marvin Harrison over Torry Holt
It's Marvin's (719, 5 TDs) turn to be the apple of Peyton's eye again. Carolina will put pressure on Marc Bulger and keep Holt's (697, 7 TDs) from a monster game.


Donald Driver over Reggie Wayne
Driver (771, 4) is coming off a monster effort. He'll keep it up against New England. Wayne (774, 6) will probably still have a solid game, but not as good as Driver.

Previous Out on a Limb Picks
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

What did you think of my predictions? Do you have any fantasy upsets in mind? Please leave your comments.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JEF here,

I've linked you up to my blog, which I have moved from insidethegridiron, BTW:

http://pro-football-opinions.blogspot.com/

Happy reading and writing!

7:39 PM

 
Blogger Lester's Legends said...

Thanks man.

6:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States

Creator of lesterslegends.com