Calling it the way I see it.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Out on a Fantasy Football Limb Volume 11

I'm going back on a limb again for Week 12 in the NFL. I will pick five players that I believe will score more points this week than a higher profile player. The scoring will be 6 points for rushing or receiving TD, 4 points for a passing TD, .1 points per yard for rushing or receiving and .05 points per passing yard. I went 2-3 in my picks last week to fall to 27-23. A deeper look into the numbers shows I'm 7-3 at QB, 10-10 at RB, and 10-10 at the unpredictable WR/TE slot. I also implemented a Super Stretch pick, which I lost. I'll recap last week. I am adding a new feature to this series. I will pick a super stretch. One that looks like an insane pick.

Last Week
Big Ben 23.6 beat Eli 15.3 as I predicted.
LT 41.9 destroyed Willie Parker 18.3 WHICH I GOT HORRIBY WRONG.
Chester Taylor 20 doubled up on Julius Jones 10.4 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Reggie Wayne 17.1 destroyed Donald Driver 4.2 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Marvin Harrison 9.4 beat Torry Holt 6.8 as I predicted.
Super Stretch: Philip Rivers 19.2 beat Gradkowski 17.8 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Season Record: 27-23, 0-1

Why did I try and beat LT? That was foolish.

This Week's Picks


Joey Harrington over Philip Rivers
Joey (1504, 7 TDs) gets his revenge this week. Rivers (2307, 15) will be handing off plenty to LT against the men in black.


Steven Jackson and Marion Barber over LaDainian Tomlinson
LT made me look silly last week. I'm taking him on again. Only this time I'm going 2-on-1. He's that good. Jackson (1293 total yards, 5 TDs) is coming off a pretty poor performance. I'm guessing he'll bounce back. Barber (552 total yards, 9 TDs) punched in twice against the Colts. They will combine forces to take down LT (1488, 22 TDs - plus one passing).


Rudi Johnson over Brian Westbrook
Rudi (897 total, 7 TDs) has a nice matchup against Cleveland. Westbrook (1199, 7 TDs) will be turned to more with McNabb out. He has a nice matchup against Indy, but I'm guessing their key will be to contain Westy. This will be a good test to see where Westbrook's fantasy value is.


Andre Johnson over Chad Johnson
Smith (884, 4 TDs) should smoke Washington. Ocho Cinco (949, 7 TDs) has been on fire. I bet they still play up the Pepto thing in Cleveland.


Braylon Edwards over Lee Evans
Braylon (612, 3) will have a solid game against Cincy. Lee Evans (822, 4) won't keep up his second half history of monster games against Jacksonville.

SUPER STRETCH

DeAngelo Williams over Jamal Lewis
I'll roll out DeAngelo (272, TD) against Washington even though Jamal (669, 5) is clicking.

Previous Out on a Limb Picks
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11

What did you think of my predictions? Do you have any fantasy upsets in mind? Please leave your comments.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States

Creator of lesterslegends.com