Calling it the way I see it.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Out on a Fantasy Football Limb Volume 9

I'm going back on a limb again for Week 10 in the NFL. I will pick five players that I believe will score more points this week than a higher profile player. The scoring will be 6 points for rushing or receiving TD, 4 points for a passing TD, .1 points per yard for rushing or receiving and .05 points per passing yard. I went 2-3 in my picks last week to fall to 22-18. A deeper look into the numbers shows I'm 5-3 at QB, 9-7 at RB, and a mere 8-8 at the unpredictable WR/TE slot. I'll recap last week.

Last Week
J.P. Losman 9.3 actually beat Alex Smith 5.65 as I predicted.
Willie Parker 25.7 destroyed Maurice Jones-Drew 8.5 WHICH I GOT HORRIBLY WRONG.
Kevin Jones 26 destroyed Warrick Dunn 13.1 WHICH I GOT HORRIBLY WRONG.
Hines Ward 12.7 destroyed Reche Caldwell 2.1 WHICH I GOT HORRIBLY WRONG.
Marvin Harrison 26.5 destroyed Darryl Jackson 3.6 as I predicted.
Season Record: 22-18
I think I have been getting a little too cute with these picks. I think I'm going to far out on the limb in some of these picks. Let's see if we can turn things around this week.

This Week's Picks


Steve McNair over David Carr
You think McNair (1319 passing & 7 TDs, 63 rushing & 1 TD) has this game circled on his schedule? Returning to Tennessee should get his competitive juices flowing. David Carr (1506 passing & 9 TDs, 87 rushing & 2 TDs) travels to Jacksonville. It won't be as pleasant a road trip for Carr and the Texans as McNair's homecoming.


Thomas Jones over Ahman Green
Chicago is coming off its first defeat. Their defense was destroyed by Ronnie Brown. It's time to get back to the basics. Their defense is going to be fired up. They need to utilize Jones (708 total yards, 3 TDs) and the ground game more. Green (734 total yards, 4 TDs) has been on fire, but Minnesota still has a very good run defense. Life has been rough for Farve at the MetroDump. His miscues will stall out drives and cost Ahman carries.


Warrick Dunn over Tiki Barber
Dunn (746 total yards, 3 TDs) faces a Cleveland defense that was lit up by LT in the second half of last week's game. While Dunn is no LT, he should have no trouble putting up a solid game. Barber got his first TD of the season (he still trails his twin by a TD) last week. He is playing at home this week. Unfortunately for Tiki (1112 total yards, TD), he's going up against Chicago. As I said above, they are going to be fired up to stop Tiki after Ronnie ran wild. I think Tiki will put up solid yardage, but he won't be sniffing the endzone again this week.


Roy Williams over Javon Walker
Roy (719, 4 TDs) is coming off a monster game. Javon (789 total yards, 6 TDs) is coming off an even bigger one. Roy faces a Niners team that actually looked competent against the Vikings last week. Things return to normal on the road for the Niners defense. Roy will scorch them. I'm relying on the Oakland pass defense yet again. They are so bad against the run that they don't give up much in the air. With Rod Smith hurting, the Raiders can put more pressure on Walker.


Chad Johnson over Marques Colston
Chad (483 yards & 2 TDs) has been much less than spectacular this season as his fantasy owners know all too well. Colston (700 & 7 TDs) has been everything and a bag of chips (bet you haven't heard that one for a while) this year. Chad was virtually in tears after last week's loss. I just have a gut feeling he's going to bounce back big time this week. Colston has scored in every game, but two this year. One of those games he still produced 97 yards. The other was his only dud (38 yards against Tampa). I think he's finally due for another letdown.

Previous Out on a Limb Picks
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9

What did you think of my predictions? Do you have any fantasy upsets in mind? Please leave your comments.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States

Creator of lesterslegends.com