Calling it the way I see it.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Out on a Fantasy Football Limb Vol. 15

I'm going back on a limb again for Week 16 in the NFL. I will pick five players that I believe will score more points this week than a higher profile player. The scoring will be 6 points for rushing or receiving TD, 4 points for a passing TD, .1 points per yard for rushing or receiving and .05 points per passing yard. I went 2-3 in my picks last week to fall to 35-35. A deeper look into the numbers shows I'm 9-5 at QB, 14-14 at RB, and 12-16 at the WR/TE slot. I also implemented a Super Stretch pick, which I won to improve to 1-4. I'll recap last week.

Last Week
Michael Vick 33.45 destroyed Brett Favre 8.6 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Frank Gore 23.8 beat Maurice Jones-Drew 20.5 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Jamal Lewis 17.4 beat Tiki Barber 16.4 as I predicted.
Donald Driver 7.7 beat Chad Johnson 3.8 as I predicted.
Javon Walker 14.4 beat Jerricho Cotchery 5.6 WHICH I GOT WRONG
Super Stretch
Jeff Garcia 17.45 beat Marc Bulger 6.85 as I predicted.
Season Record: 35-35, 1-4
This Week's Picks

Brett Favre over Peyton Manning
I've tried this matchup once before with success. Favre (3315, 17 TDs) is going to shine in the Thursday night game. Peyton Manning (3910, 26 TDs) reminded everyone he's still the best QB in the regular season on MNF. He has an easy assignment against Houston, but I expect them to call off the dogs.


Edgrrin James over Willie Parker
Edge (1202 total, 5 TDs) has started to figure things out. He should have room to run against SF. Willie Parker (1542, 14 TDs) has exceeded expecations by a long shot. Baltimore is a tough draw for the Fantasy Football Super Bowl in most weeks though.


Reggie Bush over Tiki Barber
Westbrook gave the G-Men fits last week. Bush (1125, 6 TDs) should have similar success. Tiki (1786, 2 TDs) won't find the endzone again against the Saints.


Donald Driver over Chad Johnson
Chad (1284, 7 TDs) is calling for a repeat. I'll oblige. Driver (1173, 7 TDs) should be able to get off against the Vikes again.


Travis Taylor over Lavernanues Coles
Taylor (588, 2) should be able to produce against the Packers. I'm Coles (1065, 6) torched the Vikes. The Dolphins are a tougher foe, especially at home.

SUPER STRETCH
Tim Rattay over Jon Kitna
Rattay (351, 3 TDs) gets to pick up the pieces in Tampa. He should fair well against Cleveland. Kitna (3619, 14 TDs) gets to face a suddenly not-so-tough Chicago Defense. They'll get their mojo back against the Lions though.
Previous Out on a Limb Picks
What did you think of my predictions? Do you have any fantasy upsets in mind? Please leave your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States

Creator of lesterslegends.com