Calling it the way I see it.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Out on a Fantasy Football Limb Vol. 14

I'm going back on a limb again for Week 15 in the NFL. I will pick five players that I believe will score more points this week than a higher profile player. The scoring will be 6 points for rushing or receiving TD, 4 points for a passing TD, .1 points per yard for rushing or receiving and .05 points per passing yard. I got crushed going 1-4 in my picks last week to fall to 33-32. A deeper look into the numbers shows I'm 9-4 at QB, 13-13 at RB, and 11-15 at the WR/TE slot. I also implemented a Super Stretch pick, which I lost to fall to 0-4. I'll recap last week.

Last Week
Carson Palmer 26.85 beat Vince Young 25.51 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
LT 29.2 beat Frank Gore and Brandon Jacobs 22.8 & 1.6 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Maurice Jones-Drew 30.1 crushed Marion Barber -0.1 as I predicted.
Chad Johnson 10.1 beat Roy Williams 7.3 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Javon Walker 5.2 beat Jerricho Cotchery 3.7 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Super Stretch
Marc Bulger 29.8 crushed JP Losman 15.85 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Season Record: 33-32, 0-4

This Week's Picks


Brett Favre over Michael Vick
Favre (3141, 17 pasing, 31,1 rushing) was once a Falcon. He will beat up the Lions this weekend more than current Falcon Michael Vick (2047, 15 passing, 934, 2 rushing). Vick will likely break 1000 rushing this weekend though.


Jamal Lewis over Tiki Barber
Jamal (954 total, 7) loves playing Cleveland. Tiki (1682 total, 1 TD) just can't find the endzone.


Maurice Jones-Drew over Frank Gore
MJD (1001 total, 11 TDs) exploded against Indy. He should be very solid against Tennessee next week. Gore (1731, 6 TDs) faces a Seattle team that just allowed 100 yards to Edge. They'll be fired up.

Watch your hands ladies.
Donald Driver over Chad Johnson
I'll try my luck again against Chad (1247, 7) despite his torrid pace. The Colts allow so many rushing yards, Chad could get some rest this week. Driver (1103, 7) has been on fire, and facing Detroit should only add to the flames.


Jerricho Cotchery over Javon Walker
I call a rematch. Jerricho (802, 5) should be able to get open against Minnesota. Javon (1043 total yards, 7 TDs) should be able to have his way with the Arizona secondary, but I'm guessing they Broncos will rely on the run more.

SUPER STRETCH

Jeff Garcia over Marc Bulger
Garcia (805, 8.) is clicking with the Eagles. He should be able to soar against the Giants. I'll pick on Bulger (3528, 19) again, as he faces the Raiders strong secondary.

Previous Out on a Limb Picks
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14

What did you think of my predictions? Do you have any fantasy upsets in mind? Please leave your comments.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States

Creator of lesterslegends.com