Calling it the way I see it.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Out on a Fantasy Football Limb Volume 13

I'm going back on a limb again for Week 14 in the NFL. I will pick five players that I believe will score more points this week than a higher profile player. The scoring will be 6 points for rushing or receiving TD, 4 points for a passing TD, .1 points per yard for rushing or receiving and .05 points per passing yard. I went 2-3 in my picks last week to fall to 32-28. A deeper look into the numbers shows I'm 9-3 at QB, 12-12 at RB, and 11-13 at the WR/TE slot. I also implemented a Super Stretch pick, which I lost to fall to 0-3. I'll recap last week.

Last Week
Aaron Brooks 13.2 beat David Carr 2.1 as I predicted.
Fred Taylor 7.6 beat Laurence Maroney 1.4 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Wali Lundy 10.2 beat Willis McGahee 8. I predicted.
Chad Johnson 9.1 beat Laveranues Coles 2.8 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Darrell Jackson 9.1 beat Devery Henderson 1.4 WHICH I GOT WRONG
Super Stretch
Torry Holt 17.5 destroyed beat Bernard Berrian 2.1WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Season Record: 32-28, 0-3

This Week's Picks

Vince Young over Carson Palmer
Vince Young (1486, 10 TDs passing, 372, 4 TDs rushing) returns to Texas. He should have a quality game against the Texans. Palmer (3102, 22) faces the top ranked pass defense in the league.


Maurice Jones-Drew over Marion Barber III
MJD (817 total yards, 9 TDs) has a cushier matchup (Indy) than MB3 (714 total, 13 TDs) in a battle of rookie RBBC backs.


Frank Gore and Brandon Jacobs over LaDainian Tomlinson
Here I go again. Gore (1563 total yards, 5 TDs) gets the yardage. Jacobs (509, 8 TDs) gets the TDs. LT (1794 total, 23 rushing, 3 receiving, 2 passing TDs) does it all and then some. I'm hoping the Broncos can slow him down.

Roy Williams over Chad Johnson
I'll try my luck against Chad (1146, 7) despite his torrid pace. Oakland could keep him in check. Roy Williams (1043, 4) should exploit the Vikings secondary.


Jerricho Cotchery over Javon Walker
Jerricho (765, 5) should be able to get open against Buffalo. Javon (991 total yards, 7 TDs) will have troubles against San Diego. Cutler could be on his back a lot with Merriman back roaming the sidelines.

SUPER STRETCH

JP Losman over Marc Bulger
Losman's (2191, 12 passing, 120, 1 rushing) matchup should be easy enough to allow him to outscore Marc Bulger (3172, 16) against the Bears.

Previous Out on a Limb Picks
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13


What did you think of my predictions? Do you have any fantasy upsets in mind? Please leave your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States

Creator of lesterslegends.com