Calling it the way I see it.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Out on a Fantasy Football Limb Vol. 8

I'm going back on a limb again for Week 9 in the NFL. I will pick five players that I believe will score more points this week than a higher profile player. The scoring will be 6 points for rushing or receiving TD, 4 points for a passing TD, .1 points per yard for rushing or receiving and .05 points per passing yard. I went 2-3 in my picks last week to fall to 20-15. A deeper look into the numbers shows I'm 4-3 at QB, 9-5 at RB, and a mere 7-7 at the unpredictable WR/TE slot. I'll recap last week.

Last Week's Picks:
Peyton Manning 31.15 destroyed Jake Delhomme 7.45 WHICH I GOT HORRIBLY WRONG. Edge 16.9 beat Julius Jones 15.2 as I predicted.
Chester Taylor 4.9 beat Travis Henry 2.9 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Andre Johnson 13.8 destroyed Torry Holt 4.8 as I predicted.
Hines Ward 8.1 beat Braylon Edwards 2.1 WHICH I GOT WRONG.
Season Record: 20-15

This Week's Picks:


J.P. Losman over Alex Smith
This is probably one of the few weeks Losman (1313 yards, 6 TDs, 1 rushing TD) puts up decent numbers. The Vikings got picked apart by Tom Brady's passing display on MNF. Their passing defense is going to be fired up to wash that game from their memory. Alex Smith (1431 yards, 9 TDs) won't match Losman's production this week.


Maurice Jones Drew over Willie Parker
Although he splits carries with Fred Taylor, I think MJD (433 total yards, 5 TDs) will outscore Willie Parker (639 total yards, 6 TDs).


Warrick Dunn over Kevin Jones
Dunn (675 total yards, 2 TDs) and KJ (740 yards, 5 TDs) face off in Detroit. I'll take the guy who has less yards, points, and TDs, and is playing on the road. Why? Detroit stinks.


Marvin Harrison over Darryl Jackson
Reggie Wayne was the apple of Peyton's eye last week. Sensing he's feeling a little left out, Manning will target Harrison (553 yards, 3 TDs), his favorite receiver, in the showdown with New England. D-Jax (587 yards, 6 TDs) battles Oakland, who is surprisingly good against the pass. Just as Big Ben.


Reche Caldwell over Hines Ward
I'll pick on Hines (459 yards, 5 TDs) again even though it didn't work for me last week. Big Ben is going to be facing a fierce Denver defense coming off a tough loss. Champ Bailey is going to draw the Ward assignment. To keep the boo bird off me, I had to dig deep to make it a "out on a limb" pick. Caldwell (224 yards, 1 TD) is who I uncovered. He was the target of many Tom Brady passes on MNF. It's a risky pick because the Pats, who passed every down last week, could turn to the run exclusively against Indy if their defense can hold the Colts back.

Previous Out on a Limb Picks
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8

What did you think of my predictions? Do you have any fantasy upsets in mind? Please leave your comments.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States

Creator of lesterslegends.com